Gfinity is looking for the best Halo players in Europe - as the Halo World Championship returns to the Gfinity Esports Arena from 23rd–25th February 2018! The final four teams will not only take the lion’s share of the $25,000 prize pool, but will also qualify for the Halo World Championship 2018 Finals to compete for $1,000,000!
For newcomers looking to make a name for themselves, we’ll be hosting a new Free-For-All tournament with a $5,000 prize pool. If you’re a lone wolf looking to make a statement in the Halo scene, this is your chance.
Additionally, the top 4 highest seeded teams from the online qualification cups in the weeks prior to the LAN event will get paid travel and accommodation to the event courtesy of 343 Industries. Also, UK players will be able to don the Union flag while competing on an international stage for the first time, as part of the Halo World Championship 2018 country flag skins coming to Halo 5: Guardians.
Broadcasting live from the Gfinity Esports Arena, the competition will feature some of the best talent in Europe. Will we see the current kings of EU Halo, Infused, walk away with the title again? Or will a newcomer take the crown?
With the top 4 teams qualifying for the Halo World Championship Finals, don’t wait to secure your team passes when they go on sale next week!!
The HaloWC 2018 European qualifier will feature open 4v4 and FFA tournaments for any players residing in Europe. The 4v4 tournament will qualify the Top 4 teams and the Free-For-All winner for the HaloWC 2018 finals in Seattle, Washington, via a minimum 32-team, double elimination bracket.
Matches will feature Best of 5 and Best of 7 series, and map rotations will be provided at a later date.
FFA schedule, format, and game settings will be provided at a later date.
With all the incredible Halo action on display, there’s no way you’ll want to miss HaloWC London. The stakes are as high as the competition level, with the Top 4 teams qualifying for the Halo World Championship 2018, and a share of the $25,000 prize pool. For the lone wolves, we’ve got a $5,000 FFA competition.
Both Team and FFA passes are now available. Don’t hesitate to secure your spot, hit the link below to grab a competitor’s pass.
Venue: Gfinity Arena, Fulham Broadway Retail Centre, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1BW
Airport: London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), London City (LCY)
Ground transportation: Uber, Taxi, London Underground (Tube), Train
Hotels: Nearby partnered hotels include Millennium & Copthorne Hotel at Chelsea Football Club and Holiday Inn Express Earls Court. Stay tuned to this page for discounted rates.
- How do I qualify for the HaloWC 2018 finals in Seattle, Washington? The Top 4 4v4 teams and the Free-For-All winner will qualify and will receive an all-expense paid trip for the HaloWC 2018 finals.
- How do I get a better seed for my team in the tournament? Compete online and earn points for your team. If your team is in the Top 4 in points before the event your entire team will earn free travel and hotel accommodations
- What is the 4v4 format? Open double elimination bracket format
- I can’t attend the event, but want to watch online. Where can I tune in?
- Do I need a full team to purchase a team pass?
- No, you can purchase a team pass now to secure a spot in the tournament, and inform your team later.
- I’m coaching a team – do I need to purchase anything?
- A team pass includes tournament entry for 4 players and 1 coach. No additional purchases are necessary to coach.
- Will there be a Free-For-All (FFA) competition at this event?
- Yes! HaloWC London will feature a $5,000 FFA tournament for any and all competitors. Best of luck to those competing! Be on the lookout for specific format details in the coming weeks.
- If I buy a team pass, do I have to play in the FFA?
- Purchasing a team pass does not mean you have to play in the FFA. With $5,000 on the line though, why wouldn’t you? o.O
- I don’t live in Europe or the Middle East, can I compete in this tournament?
- Unfortunately, no. This tournament is region locked to players that reside in Europe or the Middle East only.
- What’s the age limit for this tournament?
- The age limit to compete in this tournament is 16+.
- Is there a limit to the amount of teams eligible to compete in this tournament?
- Yes. This tournament is limited to the first 32 teams to purchase a team pass.
- What monitors will be used for this tournament?
- The monitors that will be used at this tournament are the BenQ XL2411T.
- What equipment should I bring if I’m competing?
- You will need to bring your controller and a micro-USB cable for a wired connection from the controller to the Xbox One.
- Batteries must be removed from the controller so they are unable to power the controller.
- Headsets will only be provided for mainstage competition.
- I have other questions – where’s the best place to ask them?
Book your tickets today
Fulham Broadway Retail Centre,
London SW6 1BW
In the surrounding area to the Gfinity Arena, there are many hotels and bed & breakfasts catering for a wide range of budgets.
We recommend the following hotels nearby to the Gfinity Arena:
Affordable: Travelodge Hotel - London Fulham (approx 10 mins)
290-302 North End Rd
London SW6 1NQ
★★★ Hotel ibis - Earls Court (approx 10 mins)
47 Lillie Road
London SW6 1UD
★★★ Holiday Inn Express London - Earl's Court (approx 10 mins)
295 North End Road
★★★★ Millennium & Copthorne Hotel at Chelsea FC (approx 5 mins)
London, SW6 1HS
Promo Code – Gfinity16
Looking for other hotels in the surrounding area? Use this link: www.booking.com
There are a variety of restaurants within Fulham Broadway Retail Centre (steps away from the Gfinity Arena):
The Oyster Rooms - Wetherspoons www.jdwetherspoon.com
* 20% off food bill
* 20% off total bill
For parties of 6 or more – 1 x free side dish plus 20% off total bill
Pizza Express www.pizzaexpress.com
* 20% off food bill
Yo Sushi www.yosushi.com
* 15% off food bill
* 20% off total bill
* You will need to show your Gfinity wristband to get the discounts.
These offers may not be applicable on Chelsea Match days
There are also several restaurants just outside the retail centre, all within a couple of minutes’ walk.
Byron Burgers www.byronhamburgers.com
* 20% off food bill
McGettigan’s – Irish Pub
* 20% off food and drink
Not valid on Chelsea home match days.
There is one pub located within the retail centre:
Oyster Rooms Wetherspoon – Open until midnight every day. www.jdwetherspoon.com
Outside of the retail centre you have a choice of the following:
Brogans Traditional Irish Pub – open until 1am on Friday & Saturday www.brogansfulham.co.uk
The Elk – Funky bar/club, DJ and cocktails – open until 1am on Friday & Saturday www.elkbar.com
Kona Kai – Cocktail bar – open Fri until 1.30am & Saturday until 2.30am www.konakai.co.uk
If you fancy a spot of shopping, one of London’s largest shopping centres is only 18minutes by tube.
Westfield London - www.westfield.com/london: take the District Line to Nottinghill Gate & then the Central Line to Shepherds Bush
If you’d like to see the sights of London then check out the Visit London website for a list of museums, sights and attractions. www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing
If you intend to make a day of it you could even purchase the London Pass for great savings.
If you require some inspiration Time Out has a list of 101 of things to do in London.
By London Underground or National Rail:
The nearest tube station is Fulham Broadway on the District Line. If changing at Earls Court Station take a Wimbledon-bound tube. There are two Overground stations near to Stamford Bridge, West Brompton and Imperial Wharf, which are approximately a 15-minute walk from the arena These are both on a direct line between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction.
Heathrow Terminals 1-3
Take the Underground PICCADILLY LINE to Earls Court
Change train at Earls Court take the DISTRICT LINE to Fulham Broadway
Take the Gatwick Express to London Victoria
Take the Underground DISTRICT LINE from Victoria to Fulham Broadway
Take the Stansted Express to London Liverpool Street
Take the Underground CENTRAL LINE from Liverpool Street to Notting Hill Gate
Change trains and take the DISTRICT LINE to Fulham Broadway
London City Airport
DLR Line to Canning Town DLR Station
Change train, take the Underground JUBILEE LINE to Westminster
Change train and take the DISTRICT LINE to Fulham Broadway
London Luton Airport
A shuttle bus service operates to and from Luton Airport Parkway Station
Take the East Midlands Train to London St Pancras
Change trains and walk to Kings Cross St Pancras Underground Station
London St Pancras
Take the Underground PICCADILLY LINE to Earls Court Change train at Earls Court take the DISTRICT LINE to Fulham Broadway
Underground – Northern Line Euston to Embankment
District Line Embankment to Fulham Broadway
Underground – District Line Paddington to Fulham Broadway
There are two bus stops outside the Gfinity Arena on the Fulham Road, use number 14, 211 and 414 buses.
We advise against travelling to the Gfinity Arena by car due to local parking restrictions and heavy congestion at weekends.
Driving from The North, East or West:
Use the M25 to Junction 15 and turn off onto the M4 towards London. Follow the M4 which becomes the A4 up to Hammersmith. Go over the Hammersmith Flyover and a further 1.5 miles before turning off for Earls Court. Go past Earls Court station and across Old Brompton Road, eventually reaching Fulham Road. Turn right at the traffic lights.
Driving from The South:
Cross the river at Wandsworth Bridge and head up Wandsworth Bridge Road. At the junction with New King's Road, turn right and then immediately left. This will take you up to Fulham Broadway. Turn right onto Fulham Road and the retail complex will be on your left.
For assistance with booking flights contact our travel agent
Lee Ramsey at Flight Centre
Tel: 0044 207 499 0206 Email: email@example.com
Train times, journey planner, book tickets
Trainline - www.thetrainline.com
Tube times, journey planner
Transport for London - www.tfl.gov.uk
If you have the Uber App this is by far the cheapest taxi service. Alternatively,
Fulham Taxis - www.fulhamtaxis.co.uk
Tel: 0044 207 127 5003
If there is no availability with the hotels listed, try these websites:
Booking - www.booking.com
Last Minute - www.lastminute.com