FIFA Ultimate Team: Team Of The Year Predictions - Forwards
In just a few days, football's governing body, FIFA, will reveal the 2016 Team of The Year. As determined by FIFPro, professional footballers and managers will vote for which players they believe have performed the best in 2016.
It's expected that the first TOTY cards will be available after the Best FIFA Football Awards on January 9th. As always with the team of the year, EA Sports will release the goalkeeper and defender cards first. In this article, I'll be taking a look at the forwards who have been nominated for the FIFA FIFPro World 11.
- Sergio Aguero (Argentina/Manchester City)
- Gareth Bale (Wales/Real Madrid)
- Karim Benzema (France/Real Madrid)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid)
- Paulo Dybala (Argentina/Juventus)
- Antoine Griezmann (France/Atlético Madrid)
- Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina/Napoli/Juventus)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden/Paris Saint-Germain/Manchester United)
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland/FC Bayern Munich)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
- Thomas Muller (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
- Neymar (Brazil/FC Barcelona)
- Alexis Sanchez (Chile/Arsenal)
- Luis Suarez (Uruguay/FC Barcelona)
- Jamie Vardy (England/Leicester City)
Just like the midfielders, there is a lot of Premier League talent on display within the forward nominations. Jamie Vardy literally threw a party last season, as he guided Leicester City to their first Premier League title. As much as I'd like to see Vardy make his way it into the World XI, I can't see it happening. The usual suspects of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have had another record breaking season and I'm almost certain they will secure two of the three places that are up for grabs.
As for the third spot, I think it's between Neymar, Luis Suarez and Antoine Griezmann. In my opinion, I believe Luis Suarez will be joining his Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi in the World XI. Since his move to the Nou Camp, Suarez has been a phenomenal player for the Catalan club, and as a result I think he will round off what could the strongest World XI to date.
Predictions: Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez
Final Predictions: | Manuel Neuer | Thiago Silva | Sergio Ramos | Jerome Boateng | David Alaba | Luka Modric | Mezut Ozil | Paul Pogba | Lionel Messi | Cristiano Ronaldo | Luis Suarez |
Disclaimer: The images and statistics provided in this article are not official. They are simply estimates based off our opinions and previous upgrades.
Which forwards do you think will make it into the World XI? Let us know in the comments below!
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity.