FIFA Ultimate Team: Team Of The Year Predictions - Midfielders
In just a few weeks’ time, football's governing body, FIFA, will reveal the 2016 Team of The Year. As determined by FIFPro, professional footballers and managers will vote for which players they believe have performed the best in 2016.
It's expected that the first TOTY cards will be available after the Best FIFA Football Awards on January 9th. As always with the team of the year, EA Sports will release the goalkeeper and defender cards first. In this article, I'll be taking a look at the midfielders who have been nominated for the FIFA FIFPro World 11.
- Xabi Alonso (Spain/FC Bayern Munich)
- Sergio Busquets (Spain/FC Barcelona)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City)
- Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea)
- Andres Iniesta (Spain/FC Barcelona)
- N’Golo Kante (France/Leicester City/Chelsea)
- Toni Kroos (Germany/Real Madrid)
- Luka Modric (Croatia/Real Madrid)
- Mesut Ozil (Germany/Arsenal)
- Dimitri Payet (France/West Ham United)
- Paul Pogba (France/Juventus/Manchester United)
- Ivan Rakitic (Croatia/FC Barcelona)
- David Silva (Spain/Manchester City)
- Marco Verratti (Italy/Paris Saint-Germain)
- Arturo Vidal (Chile/FC Bayern Munich)
For me, this is the hardest category to predict. There are some top quality players on this list with the likes of Mezut Ozil, Luka Modric and Arturo Vidal. All of these players have had unbelievable seasons for their respective clubs and have definitely earned their nominations.
It's good to see more Premier League players making the midfield nominations, however, this does make the Midfielders category even trickier to predict. Both Ivan Rakitic and Andreas Iniesta have once again impressed at Barcelona and could well make the World XI again.
With that being said, could an Iniesta inclusion over the likes of Paul Pogba or N'golo Kante spark controversy within the community. It certainly could but realistically I can definitely see a Premier League player making it into the World XI this time around.
Predictions: Luka Modric, Mezut Ozil, Paul Pogba
Disclaimer: The images and statistics provided in this article are not official. They are simply estimates based off our opinions and previous upgrades.
Which midfielders do you think will make it into the World XI? Will we see any surprise inclusions? Let us know in the comments below!
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity.